Turn2us HelplineWebsite: www.turn2us.org.uk
The Turn2us helpline is a free, confidential, secure service that helps people in financial need access the money available to them.
The helpline advisors can:
- Help you check your eligibility for welfare benefits
- Assist you with grant searches to find possible grant-giving charities that may be able to support you
- Put you in touch with other services that may be able to help you.
The Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- Provides free and anonymous advice over the phone and online.
- Free debt management plans
- Free helpline: 0800 138 1111
- Free confidential and independent helpline
- Advice over the phone as well as email
- Free self-help information pack
- 0808 808 4000
Stop Loan Sharks
Helps victims and agencies deal with the problem of loan sharks. Loan sharks are unlicensed moneylenders who charge very high interest rates and sometimes use threats and violence to frighten people who can’t pay back their loan. They can are illegal and can be prosecuted.
- 0300 555 2222