Tenant's Toolkit

Legal Advice

Legal aid is a scheme which helps with the cost of legal advice and representation in court.

Legal aid can help with your housing situation. It can also cover legal paperwork and representation in court.

Advice is available by telephone, email or face-to-face. Whether you get help depends on your financial situation and the type of case. You may have to pay something towards your legal costs.

There may be a legal aid adviser available at Bromley County Court and you can call them on 020 8290 9620 to check.

Legal aid advice is provided by:

Shelter: http://england.shelter.org.uk

Find a Legal Aid Solicitor: find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk

Citizens Advice Bromley do not provide legal aid but can offer legal advice. Visit http://bromleycab.org.uk or call on 0300 3309 039.

Community Legal Advice

A free and confidential advice service paid for by legal aid. The helpline provides independent advice about debt, education, benefits and tax credits, employment and housing problems to people who live on a low income or benefits.

Call 0845 345 4345 or visit here.