Tenant's Toolkit

Obtaining a Licence

All HMOs need a licence from Bromley Council. You should apply for the licence yourself, but if you use a managing agent they can apply for you.


  • New applications for a five year licence £200 per unit of accommodation
  • Renewal of a licence £135 per unit of accommodation
  • Payments made by credit card are subject to a 2.25% charge

You can apply online or by post.


  • A licence is valid for a maximum of 5 years
  • You must renew your licence before it runs out
  • You need a separate licence for each HMO you run